Our luxury vessels service up to 3100 customers and travel to over 200 destinations worldwide. As Assistant Tours Manager, you will have the following skills and abilities:
– Be able to ensure our customer’s dreams come true by selling experiences of a lifetime such as swimming with dolphins, a Rainforest walk through the Amazon, enjoy a delicious high tea in the stylish surroundings at the world famous Raffles Hotel, Singapore or marvel at the impressive pyramids in Egypt. As Assistant Tours Manager, you too will have the chance to experience these wonders of the World as you are encouraged where possible to escort our tours alongside local tour guides.
– You will provide assistance to customers at the tours desk on board, ensuring that all customers receive the best customer experience through a consultative sales approach, tailoring packages to meet their needs and ensuring their Cruise is a memorable one.
– You will also be responsible for all administration and logistics to provide your customers with all the necessary information in a timely manner. This will include writing up the tours communications in the daily newspaper – attention to detail essential!
– You will have a proven track record in sales, ideally working in a similar role on board another cruise line or in an international holiday representative role.
– A passion for travel and extensive destination knowledge is advantageous.
– You will pride yourself in delivering excellent customer service and possess strong administration skills.
– You will work well under pressure and be responsive in a changing environment. This will include being confident in complaint handling.
This is a fantastic opportunityto work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands as an Officer. However, life on board does mean working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 6 months that you are onboard. Your ten hours will be split between on shore and off shore duties. In return, we offer exceptional rates of pay, all accommodation costs are covered and you will be offered either your own or a shared cabin (depending on which cruise line you are working for), with all meals and uniform provided.