As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. Joining us as an Assistant Manager – Payroll, you’ll understand that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life. The Assistant Manager- Payroll role is varied and challenging, and plays a key role in the Human Resources team on each of our ships. You will visit different places, explore new worlds, work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, and gain experiences that stay with you for a lifetime.
As an Assistant Manager- Payroll, you will assist with management and provision of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company, including officers, crew, concession staff and guest entertainers. Your primary responsibility in this role is the administration of the crew payroll system, this includes the data inputting for incentives and overtime, gratuities, change of job information and sickness payments. You will also be tasked to produce month end reports and crew payslips and process crew internet purchases. You will deal with all queries relationg to crew administration and ensure all crew records are maintained and up to date. In addition to this you will be expected to assist with the completion of immigration, customs and logistics paperwork. As part of the on board HR department, you will offer direct support to the HR Manager and is an essential part of the role.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this key role you must have the following knowledge and experience:
– Previous office administration experience, preferably in the hotel or cruise ship industry
– Good computer skills, proficient in the use of MS office software
– Strong planning and organisation skills
– A pragmatic and solution focused approach
To be considered as an ideal candidate, you will:
– Possess excellent administration skills
– High attention to detail, ensures information and reports provided are accurate
– Be highly resilient and calm under pressure
– Self manage with accountability for own work
– Able to build relationships with the wider ship community