Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees working onboard our ships at sea.
As an Assistant Laundry Master, you will be working alongside a multicultural, world-class team. You will be responsible for managing the laundry operation of our state of the art ships. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Oversees timely distribution of all linen/laundered items for front and back of house areas this includes but is not limited to staterooms, crew cabins, food & beverage areas, spa, pool, cruise division etc.
* Ensures that all equipment is fully operational at all times and liaise with the executive housekeeper to repair equipment in a timely manner.
* Coordinates daily inspection to ensure that all equipment are operating at optimum capacity and that water is at maximum temperature.
* Inspect dryers on a daily basis to ensure that they are free of lint and that they are operating within the correct temperature range.
* Coordinates washing schedules with the cruise division to ensure all costumes, etc. required for theater/characters are laundered on time and to the required specifications.
* Completes crunchtime requisitions for all chemical supplies and understands the financial budget and work within these guidelines. Advises the assistant executive housekeeper for any non-chemical supplies required for the laundry.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* High school or equivalent. A minimum of two years of related experience and/or training in the laundry field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.