The major goal of the position is to ensure an effective running and control of the Bakery Shop and production, in line with the Company’s Rules and regulations.
– Responsible for the production, quality and presentation of the bread assortment used in the daily menus.
– Prepares production forecasts and records leftovers in order to avoid unnecessary wastage and keep food cost within assigned budgets
– Must assist with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the galley.
– Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and working utensils following “Shipsan”, the European sanitation program and United States Public Health
Rules at Regulations at all times.
– Will occasionally be assigned to an early standby in the galley for Shipsan/USPH purposes and/or helping with the breakfast service.
– Must be punctual and ensure that his/her personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
– Participates in all required safety and emergency drills according to instructions.
– Complies with the cruise lines’ safety, pollution prevention program and operating procedures.
– High school education, requires a minimum of two years in the profession (Quality Hotels, Restaurants or Cruise ship environment).
Language requirements: Must be proficient in the English language (Read, Write and Speak).
– Must be able to perform all tasks in a proficient and timely manner, speed a motivating factor.
– Must have the ability to taste all foods to ensure correct preparation.
– Must be punctual.
– Has the ability and desire to work with an international team.