Area Sales Manager – Building Products – Quebec and Eastern Provinces
The AZEK Company
The AZEK Building Products Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with distributors and dealers, generating awareness of, demand for, and sales of AZEK / TimberTech products among builders, architects, remodelers, contractors/installers (i.e. end users) in their geographic area of responsibility. An Area Sales Manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of products, application, value proposition, and channel to market strategy for both the AZEK and TimberTech branded lines of product.
The AZEK Company is an industry leading manufacturer of engineered low-maintenance residential and commercial building products headquartered in Chicago, IL.
NOTE: This position can be based remotely in, and will be responsible for a territory encompassing Quebec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia.
Travel: A typical month will entail 7 to 9 days overnight travel to eastern Quebec and the Atlantic Maritime Provinces. Most of the travel will be within a 4-hour radius around the greater Montreal home market.
• Ability to create geo-region plans and distributor plans to monitor performance, growth targets; identify, plan, execute, corrective action when necessary.
• Develop and manage a target/conversion list of dealers, architects, builders, remodelers and contractors/installers
• Provide in-field training to builders, remodelers, installers and other end users as appropriate.
• Maintain aggressive end user call schedule throughout the year; meet with end users to generate awareness and understanding of AZEK's/TimberTech's existing and new products and services.
• Develop and maintain relationships with select dealers and their dealer sales representatives (key dealers in the geography)
• Schedule and conduct periodic field sales calls with dealer sales representatives
• Schedule and conduct periodic joint dealer calls with distribution representatives.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributor management and distributor sales representatives.
• Train dealer representatives (if not performed by distributor representatives).
• Train distributor representatives
• Introduce AZEK/TimberTech programs and gain commitments (e.g. Alliance)
• Schedule and conduct end user events at the dealer yard
• Consult with distributors and dealers regarding usage of marketing and promotional funds
• Respond to end user questions and inquiries about products, product availability (i.e. where to buy), applications and terms on a timely basis
• Actively participate in the resolution of customer concerns/complaints. Assist in the warranty claims process in the field by sending data and information to the Warranty team/Customer Service Department.
• Induce end users to trial AZEK/TimberTech products and convert them to ongoing customers.
• Generate, track and coordinate opportunities (leads) with the appropriate local dealers and their sales representatives
• Create and maintain customer records using company provided automated systems (i.e. CRM)
• Assist in creation and/or maintenance of product displays in the field (e.g. Countertop, wall, custom displays, etc).
• Act as a representative at trade shows nationally and/or regionally
• Prepare sales analysis reports (e.g. growth trends, YOY comparison, etc.)
• Actively manage and maintain an up to date Outlook calendar reflecting all appointments/schedules
• Keep supervisor informed of key issues/changes occurring in assigned territory such as: competitor programs/products/actions, changes in dealers/distributors, dealer personnel, etc.
Education: University Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma, strongly preferred.
Experience: Three to seven years related sales experience with a proven track record of growth
Bilingual – Fluent French/English required
Computer Skills: Applied skill in use of Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Use of computer to enter data, create reports, correspondence, etc.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid drivers license. Valid Passport
Other Requirements: Ability to travel in common forms of transportation (Plane, car, train)