Position at Maple Media: Full-Stack Android Engineer / Developer
At Maple Media, M&A Associates drive strategic partnerships and acquisition opportunities with mobile app and game developers from around the world. A deep understanding of mobile, mobile apps, ad tech, financial analysis and analytics is a must.
Maple Media is seeking a talented full-stack Android engineer to manage the technical functions of several mobile apps and games within our portfolio. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to have a large impact building top ranked apps and games on Google Play that reach more than 1.5M DAU. Check out many of our apps at maplemedia.io.
We’re looking for a Java whiz with full-stack experience, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will work closely with our product, design, QA teams and other engineers to meaningfully advance our products, including new apps that we acquire. You should be someone who excited by the challenge of jumping into new codebases often, has a startup mindset, is always looking for new things to learn and takes pride in the products you build.
This role is based in our rapidly growing studio in Gatineau, Quebec.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Must be based in – or willing to move to – Gatineau, Quebec
· BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent years of relevant work experience)
· Strong programming experience in Java, Kotlin, & Android app development. Experience in game engines (LibGDX, Unity) also a plus.
· Strong knowledge of Android SDKs, different versions of Android, and how to manage different screen sizes
· Experience integrating ad tech and ad network SDKs (including: Admob, MoPub, Facebook, Amazon)
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
· Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
· Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
Working at Maple Media – Perks & Benefits:
Our app portfolio includes We Heart It, an inspirational social media platform for trendsetters, top photos editors including Lomograph, PicLab and 1967, leading calendar app WeekCal, Snowboard Party, Skateboard Party, and Tony Hawk’s Skate Jam, and top classic and casual titles including Blackjack 21, Minesweeper: Puzzle Bomb, Sudoku, Mazes & More, & Puzzlerama. Maple Media’s products have over 250M lifetime downloads.
Maple Media is based in Los Angeles (HQ) and Quebec, and is led by mobile app & games industry veterans from Jam City and Google. Maple Media backed by a $30M investment from Los Angeles based private equity firm Shamrock Capital.