**Posting timeline: This posting has been extended until February 25, 2021. No changes have been made to the initial posting advertisement. If you have previously submitted an application to this Job ID, there is no need to apply again**.
Experience working in the Ontario Public Service – grow your future.
The OPS is dedicated to recruiting and advancing top talent while building a diverse public service that is reflective of Ontario’s population and communities. This exciting opportunity offers recent Indigenous post-secondary graduates the opportunity to develop their careers and gain valuable work experience with one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Bring your knowledge, experience and perspectives to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. Working with a team of engaged professionals and dedicated leaders, you’ll take the next step in your career in a dynamic environment that provides opportunities for personal growth, competitive salary, mentorship, learning and development opportunities, and work-life balance.
What can I expect to do in this role?
We are currently looking for a motivated professional to join our dynamic team to provide project management and coordination, and apply your organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to advance modernization initiatives in our ministry.
As the Project Assistant Intern, you will:
• support project planning and implementation for ministry’s modernization initiatives related to financial transaction processing
• track project activities, including reviewing and monitoring project progress, key deliverables, timelines
• conduct research and analysis, assist in the development of excel spreadsheet analysis, work plans, and prepare presentations, briefings and reports to support project activities
• engage with other ministries and clients and other stakeholders as needed
• participate in various working group
How do I qualify?
• You must have graduated from a college or university, with a degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate, within the past 5 years.
• You must be an Indigenous person (i.e. First Nations, Métis, Inuit).
Project Management and Organizational Skills
• You have knowledge of project management principles and practices.
• You can assist with the planning and delivery of meetings, events, and project workshops.
• You have knowledge of project management tools and techniques and experience in project delivery.
• You can plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
Research and Analytical Skills
• You have knowledge of research and analysis techniques.
• You can conduct research and environmental scans, and analyze and compile information/data into an understandable format.
• You have basic knowledge of performance measurement methodologies and evaluation techniques.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills to provide and exchange information as well as prepare and present briefing, presentation and communications material.
• You have excellent interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with your team as well as internal and external clients and partners, and can participate in and contribute to committees and projects.
• You are very proficient in common software applications to prepare presentations, excel reports, and other reports, and perform research on the internet/intranet.
• You have knowledge of and proficiency with financial management programs.