2005-2015, rue Peel
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides wealth and investment-related sales and service to BMO customers or prospects. Understands customer needs to provide wealth and investment advice, strategies, and products in the best interest of the customer. Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups.
- Develops, maintains, and services client relationships to identify areas of improvement to support overall client experiences.
- Maintains excellent client relationships and creates customized action plans to assist customers to achieve their financial goals.
- Provides subject matter expertise relating to product knowledge, processes, and operating systems.
- Oversees associates, specialists, and team performance when Manager is absent.
- Executes performance plans and provides feedback to employees and managers on progress towards desired behaviours/results.
- Develops and executes short term tactics/plans to drive specific behaviours, activities, and results.
- Executes development plans and coaching activities (e.g., technical or skills workshops) as delegated by the manager.
- Builds trust and strong customer relationships by educating them on acceptable risks and performance expectations that help them achieve their financial goals.
- Escalates complex or unresolved customer situations to senior managers.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- May provide managers with coaching, development, and advice for client support functions.
- Acts as the first point of contact for complex investment strategy questions and solutions.
- Adheres to internal risk mitigation policies and industry rules/regulations.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of competitive market place trends and product offerings.
- Knowledge of portfolio construction and management
- Completed or working towards industry accreditations (i.e., CIM, CFA, CFP).
- RR licensed or successful completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook, and any other course required to maintain RR status.
- May need ability to sell Mutual Funds (MFDA/AMF).
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.