Job Posting # 871839
Position: Administrative Assistant II
Site: KITE – Toronto Rehab Research Institute
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Salary Range: $44,491 to $55,641 commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 37.5 per week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
University Health Network (UHN)
is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of
Administrative Assistant II i n KITE – Toronto Rehab Research Institute.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where above all else the needs of patients come first, encompasses
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,600 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s seven research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
We are seeking an
Administrative Assistant II
to provide administrative support. The responsibilities of this position include: communicating with internal/external contacts on behalf of the Principal Investigator; organizing meetings/large events; maintaining electronic calendars/schedules; writing/editing biosketches; keeping research activity reports and CVs up to date; maintaining and overseeing financial transactions of research expenditures; setting up travel and accommodation plans; consolidating and proof reading documentation related to grants and/or publications; managing lab team website; exercising moderate judgement and decision making; leading self and demonstrating willingness to learn and accept responsibility; communicating and interpreting policies and procedures; exercising discretion in handling confidential departmental information; performing cross-functional responsibilities, as assigned; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• At minimum, a Community College Diploma in General or Medical Office Administration or equivalent
• At minimum 2 years related administrative experience in an academic research setting
• Experience with Canadian Common CV, Reference Manager and other research tools, an asset
• Experience in organizing meetings using Doodle Poll; experience in setting up teleconferences; experience in writing minutes required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment required
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Good organizational and time management skills; attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
• Ability to work well under pressure; problem solving
• Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
• Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment in an academic setting
• Ability to set priorities and workflows, meet deadlines and facilitate others to do so
• Demonstrated ability in sound independent judgement on sensitive matters and issues of confidentiality
• Ability to work on own initiative and independently
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line.
You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: February 18, 2021
Closing Date: March 4, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.