Here is an opportunity to build a A/R team from scratch.
Here, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one. You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to all partners in the organization. Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our customers, but help them propel their industries forward.
We are driven to make a difference in our world. The Credit Manager will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and supporting the performance and productivity of the credit and collections of our Canadian team.
Once you have built the team, here is what you get to do:
The Accounts Receivable Manager oversees the credit department, applying their knowledge to review accounts, release of orders, credit applications and limits while managing workflow.
· Managing the daily review of hold accounts to facilitate release of orders. Determining alternate credit arrangements where necessary (i.e. COD, pre-paid).
· Reviewing and researching credit applications and credit limits for major accounts. Granting or declining credit to potential accounts while setting appropriate credit limits.
· Directing, monitoring and delegating work to staff. Ensuring adequate level of collection call activity and payment processing to ensure required cash flow.
· Reconciling and resolving problem accounts in a fair minded manner.
· Overseeing rebate processing and reconciliation to amounts taken by Key Accounts on a monthly basis.
· Monitoring major accounts and maintaining constant communication with management, sales and customer service regarding issues. Conducting monthly credit meetings.
· Supporting annual renewal process for credit insurance and ensuring adequate level of coverage. Includes periodic review to obtain additional coverage throughout the year.
· Preparing schedule of allowances for bad debts and provision for credit notes for audit purposes on a timely basis following year-end.
· Monitoring bad debt. Negotiating terms, assigning accounts to third party collections and managing insurance recovery process. Writing-off accounts as required.
What we are looking for in you: