Aston Carter’s client is looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Analyst to join the finance team at their Delta, BC location on an initial 6-month contract basis. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and a drive to learn.
• Receive, process, verify and reconcile vendor invoices, statements, expense reports and credit cards in an accurate and timely manner.
• Code expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
• Verify vendor accounts by performing vendor account reconciliations and communicating and resolving issues in a timely fashion.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques/EFT’s; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; and, issuing stop-payments.
• Fill out and coordinate credit applications, vendor EFT forms, and vendor approval forms.
• Evaluate the current Accounts Payable policies and procedures, providing recommendations for improvement and executing changes as needed.
• Contribute to a team effort and assist with any other duties/ ad hoc projects as required.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Accounting experience or knowledge (1+ years of experience in an Accounts Payable role)
• Good attitude
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook)
Nice to Haves:
• Experience working with inventory in a manufacturing environment (retail or health care industry is considered an asset)
• Previous experience working in an ERP
• Problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team
• Good communication
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected to progress will be contacted – must be eligible to work in Canada.
À propos d’Aston Carter:
Aston Carter, une division d’Aerotek, est un fournisseur d’envergure mondiale de services de recrutement et de dotation de personnel pour les sociétés à la recherche de professionnels du milieu des affaires hautement spécialisés. Aerotek est une société en exploitation d’Allegis Group, un fournisseur multinational de solutions en matière de talent. Aston Carter s’engage fermement à offrir un service de premier ordre aux clients et aux professionnels du milieu des affaires dans un vaste éventail de disciplines, notamment la comptabilité, la finance, la gouvernance ainsi que la gestion du risque et de la conformité. Avec plus de 60 bureaux en Europe, Asie et Amérique du Nord, Aston Carter offre une expertise locale, régionale et mondiale pour répondre aux besoins uniques de ses clients. Reconnu “best of staffing” par nos clients et le talent que nous recrutons, Aston Carter s’engage à livrer un service hors pair a tous nos partenaires d’affaire.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers’ unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.