Job Title : Accountant
Division/Department : Tano T’enneh Limited Partnership
Salary : To Be Negotiated (competitive salary will be offered to the deserving candidate).
Type of position : Permanent Full-time
Hours : 37.5hrs/week
The Tano T’enneh LP requires an Accountant who will provide Financial management services for different business entities in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
This is a permanent full-time position reporting to Chief Financial Officer and Salary will be negotiated based upon the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Full Cycle Accounting Activities for Tano T’enneh -House of Ancestor and Tano Fuel.
- Generating monthly Financial Statements under CFO’s supervision.
- Accounts Payable activities including posting invoices, cheque run, filing and reconciling the sub ledger with GL
- Payroll Processing and Payroll Accounting
- Accounts Receivable activities including invoicing, collecting, depositing etc.
- Posting day today general transaction
- Posting month end Adjusting Journal Entries, Intercompany transactions and reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts and bank accounts on monthly basis
- Statutory reporting and filing (GST, PST, WCB, Salary & Turnover Survey etc.)
- Human Resource activities including filing, letter drafting etc.
- Preparing annual Budget and coordinating annual audit.
- All other activities as required and directed by the authority.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years job experience out of 3 years as an Accountant
- Advanced computer skills in MS office, Sage 50 Simply Accounting software and data base.
- Extensive Knowledge on Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Ability to complete multi task and organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Be a self-starter and work independently and set priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.Comm in Accounting with some professional education exposure.
- Strong Knowledge on full cycle Accounting Activities.
- Possess a valid driver’s license & criminal record check required.
- Ability to travel 25 KMs to the work place daily from the City of Prince George.
Application Deadline : Sunday, February 28 , 2021
Interview Dates : TBA
Position Start Date : Immediately.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) work references to:
Towfiqul Islam, CFO
150 Brunswick St, Prince George, BC, V2L 2B3