Our Client is Global Management Consulting Firm: reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being.
The role of the Private Wealth Accountant is a long term Contract Opportunity with the possibility of going Perm.
The Private Wealth Accountant provides financial management, reporting, and support to key high net worth client relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role acts as the personal financial manager and representative for a group of high net worth clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Regular posting of all investment, banking, and credit card transactions and maintenance of ledger containing financial transactions.
· Management of client receivables, payables, and expenses including the issuance of cheques and payments and regular reconciliation and reporting of all accounts.
· Maintenance of payroll accounts and remittances.
· Preparation and filing of GST/HST and paying corporate and personal income tax.
· Client bank deposits at the branch.
· Analysis and recommendations relating to client-initiated financial enquiries or projects.
· Preparation of regular monthly reporting including the net worth statement, income, and expense report, expenditures reporting, cash flow summaries and projections, and ad-hoc reporting for clients and management.
· Preparing information for clients’ advisors, external tax accountants, legal counsel, insurance, etc.
· Monthly investment reporting to clients and clients’ accountants as required.
· Maintaining client electronic and paper records, mail handling, and file archiving.
· Representing the client with external parties as required.
· Completion of an advanced level of a recognized accounting program or a CPA designation.
· Minimum 2 years of accounting experience required, including bank reconciliation, payables management, receivables, payroll, reporting, corporate tax filings, etc.
· University degree in Commerce, Accounting, or a related discipline or a suitable combination of experience and formal education.