The OEC Group, a leading International Freight Forwarder and logistics provider worldwide, with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and affiliates globally, is looking for dynamic, highly motivated team players who are dedicated to excellence and welcome challenging and rewarding opportunities. We offer excellent benefits, opportunities for growth within the company and salary commensurate with experience. OEC Group is an equal opportunity Employer.
We are actively seeking to fill the regular full-time Account Executive role at the office located in Richmond, BC. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who thrives in exceeding sales goals while building new relationships.
Working under the direction of the Sales Director – Western Canada, the Account Executive will be responsible for prospecting new clients to offer them value added logistics/freight forwarding services and solutions.
- Develop new business by acquiring new client accounts;
- Make regular sales calls and visits (existing and prospective accounts);
- Establish strong relationships with prospects' and customers' decision makers;
- Sustain business development efforts with customers' accounts assigned under his/her responsibility;
- Engage in regular entertainment and promotional activities with prospective customers within corporate regulations;
- Actively and consistently promote all products and services of the Company;
- Regularly inquire customer satisfaction and report promptly any dissatisfaction or dispute issues;
- Assist in bringing a diligent and satisfactory resolution to any dispute or dissatisfaction issue with clients;
- Perform regular business intelligence activities in the market;
- Prepare timely and useful reports on sales calls for management, using OEC's CMS software.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Freight Forwarding Sales;
- Experience in international air and ocean sales, essential;
- Strong knowledge of logistics including Air Import/Export and Ocean Import/Export;
- Ability to apply efficient prospecting methods for clientele development;
- Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and principals of CMS (Customer Management System) is required;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong sales skills;
- Strong persuasive abilities;
- Enthusiastic and result driven;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Must be willing to learn and grow in this position.
This role is for someone looking to develop a career. It is a rewarding opportunity in an ever growing company in a thriving global industry.
We offer a base salary, car allowance, commissions on sales, group benefits, excellent training and a path for career development.
Please send a resume and cover letter.