The 3rd Pastry cook is responsible for assisting the Chief Pastry chef and 1st Pastry cook to ensure that the Pastry and dessert items produced are high quality items for various outlets on the ship. The goal is to consistently deliver the best culinary experience at sea.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Works with the Pastry Chef or Head Pastry in the pastry shop or specialty galley. Assignments will be changed from time to time for training purposes.
* Works on the pastry production and will be directly involved in the quality, consistency and quantities of the product.
* Assists with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the pastry shop when assigned.
* Will be assigned from time to time in an early standby or late night buffet service in the pastry area for USPH purposes.
* Previous experience in a hotel, resort or cruise ship food preparation area.
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.