– Responsible for maintaining the equipment records, planned maintenance schedules, repair and work-orders for equipment in the HVAC/Refrigeration area and to maintain history and repair and maintenance records for the equipment he is responsible for.
– Ensure that all machinery under their control is operated safely, efficiently and economically, in an environmentally responsible manner, in accordance with CCI regulations and policies.
– Train, coach, counsel, support, supervise and delegate the Refrigeration Engineer Jr. and the Refrigeration Engineer Assistant.
– Responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Employment type: Ocean: Mutual Notice
Rotation: 8 Weeks Onboard / 8 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
– Reimbursement of industry required training
– Reimbursement C1/D Visa and other required visas
– Free travel to and from the ship
– Yearly bonus, pending vessel and company results.
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
Required qualifications, skills and experience
– Must have previous experience as a First Refrigeration Engineer on another cruise line or must provide proof of equivalent position shoreside that encompasses similar responsibilities.
– Must hold Higher education allowing acceptance into, and completion of, the one-year specialized Refrigeration Education at an Engineering Academy (full time).
– Must hold valid Refrigerant Transition & Recovery Certification (Accredited by Unitor – 3 day course or equivalent).
– Must hold all valid STCW and SOLAS training certificates and that is required for the position as per Training Manual.
– Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel).
– Must be fluent in written and spoken English
– Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
– Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.