– Ensure that all machinery under their control is operated safely, efficiently and economically, in an environmentally responsible manner, in accordance with CCI regulations and policies.
– Supervise Engine in Ratings Team A and to establish regular work schedules, vacation plans and Watch Keeping schedules for all Engine Ratings and Watch Keeping Engineers.
– Responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Employment type: Ocean – Mutual Notice
Rotation: 8 Weeks Onboard / 8 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
– Reimbursement of industry required training
– Reimbursement C1/D Visa and other required visas
– Free travel to and from the ship
– Yearly bonus, pending vessel and company results.
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
– Minimum 2 years previous experience as a Second Engineer.
– Must hold a valid Bahamian License and preferably have a Chief Engineer’s Education in order to obtain the license once experience is gained.
– Must hold all valid STCW and SOLAS training certificates and that is required for the position as per Training Manual Appendix 1.
– Must have undergone all mandatory and company required training as per Training Manual Appendix 1.
– Must be fluent in written and spoken English