Job Title :
Warehouse Manager $22/hr- Brampton
Start Date :
Our client leading plastic manufacturing located in Brampton ( Steeles Ave E & Goreway Dr) is looking for Warehouse Manager
Pay: $22/hour permanent hire
Shift: 7:30am to 4pm
Location: Steeles Ave E & Goreway Dr
Full Time permanent position , benefit after 3 months probationary period
Eligible for benefit+RRSP after 3 months.
Please send your resume to Emily “email@example.com” with a subject line “ Warehouse Manager”
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain inventory and supply records.
· Oversees logistics.
· Manages the distribution process.
· Management of inventory counting, rotation and quality of stock and equipment.
· Plan the department schedule to coordinate manpower to ensure that the operation is running smoothly while managing overtime costs and scheduling vacations.
· Develop and implement opportunities for process improvement, cost savings, leverage of technology, and improved service within the distribution network.
· Trouble shoot and problem solve distribution and logistics related problems and issues with the intention of finding safe cost effective solutions.
· Organize floor space in the Warehouse to keep it organized, safe and clear of clutter
· Plan the delivery schedule of the Company driver
· Coordinate shipments of product to US with applicable brokers
· Utilizing the ERP system and Microsoft Office, maintain inventory and supply records
· Ensures good housekeeping practices are followed and maintained in the warehouse area.
· Ensures all warehouse staff are adhering to company policies, procedures and safety standards.
· Provides direction, motivation and coaching to staff. Manages employee performance as required.
· Ensures a safe working environment is maintained by enforcing Company health and safety standards.
· Understand and comply with all Company Safety Rules and processes.
· Understand and comply with all HACCP and GMP policies.
· Completes all required documentation and paper work.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ensure that a worker complies with the Act and regulations (Section 27(1)(a));
· Ensure that any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer is used or worn by the worker (Section 27(1)(b));
· Advise a worker of any potential or actual health or safety dangers known by the supervisor (Section 27(2)(a));
· If prescribed, provide a worker with written instructions about the measures and procedures to be taken for the worker’s protection (Section 27(2)(b)); and
· Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of workers (Section 27(2)(c)).
Additional Duties of the Supervisor:
· Conduct workplace inspections
· Conduct information sessions such as safety talks, meetings and pre-job briefings.
· Report and investigate all incidents and accidents resulting in injury or property damage.
· Conduct employee-training sessions.
· Correct any substandard acts or conditions.
· Commend employee health and safety performance.
· Ensure that the worker complies with the established safe work and hygiene practices and complies with the Health and Safety Program.
· Implement the Emergency Plan when necessary and ensure that workers have been properly trained to comply.
· Perform employee safety observations.
· Regularly evaluate worker performance and immediately provide feedback to each of them.
Backed Up By: Production Scheduler & Warehouse Administrator
· 5 years relevant management experience in either distribution/supply chain management
· Postsecondary education in operations management, business would be an asset
· Certified Forklift Training Class I, II, and III
· Strong leader with excellent decision making skills who easily interacts with others.
· Proven ability to build and develop strong teams.
· Excellent communication and team skills.
· Provides Quality Customer relations
· Creative problem solver and ‘strategic thinker’ with a very strong work ethic.
· Must have excellent time management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), MAS500
· Flexibility, high energy and passion are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
How to apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘ Warehouse Manager_ Brampton’