Our client is an R&D and Innovation lab located in downtown Toronto, that are responsible for transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speeds. Their goal is to make commerce more accessible and convenient, and in 2017, they launched their first foray app into Canada/North America, which helps users organize and pay bills in one simple location. Not only does the app send you reminders so that you never miss a payment, but it also gives you 3% cash back on popular retail brand gift cards! They support their parent company, a mobile payments and financial services company that currently serves 300 million customers!!
Working on a small diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer, they leverage their expertise in technology to build a lasting, secure, and efficient solution. Their creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for their consumers and users. They encourage their employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigour.
Responsibilities:• You are expected to think about the complete experience while designing for the digital experience.
• Apply a holistic approach in understanding design strategies, translate them into design solutions and ensure consistent quality up to the finest details of the design.
• Create personas, user journeys and storyboards to support research and understanding.
• Work closely with the Product team as well as Engineers in concepting, designing and building experiences and software products.
• Define information and UI architectures, developing conceptual diagrams, wireframes, low fidelity prototypes and visual design for the screen.
• Actively participate in product development sprints, design workshops and brainstorming sessions.
• Communicate your ideas and design solutions through detailed design documentation.
• Performs other duties.
Must Have Skills:
• A Degree or a Diploma in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Innovative storyteller with a passion for critical thinking
• Having an amazing portfolio on Dribble is great, but we are looking for designers who have shipped products
• 3 – 5 years of hands-on professional design experience in Android and iOS
• Good end-to-end understanding of the creative development process and storytelling skills
• Strong collaboration skills in creating content that meets all creative and technical requirements
• A team player, willing to support and inspire your peers. You are not afraid of sharing your opinions and you are comfortable working in multidisciplinary teams.
• Expert with design tools like Photoshop, Sketch, and Proto.io or similar
• Acute attention to detail, take initiative and self-motivated
• Excellent communicator
• Approachable and innovative personality
• Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Dress Code: Casual