JOB POSTING # 827867 – REPOST – Please do not reapply if you have already applied.
Department: Corporate Finance
Reports to: Senior Director Finance, Corporate Services
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of
in our Finance Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where above all else the needs of patients come first, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As an integral member of the Finance Department, the Treasury Manager leads a highly-skilled team in strategic planning and managing operations on wide range of banking, investment, debt, insurance and general accounting functions to ensure UHN has appropriate cash flows to support operations, safeguard assets, and ensure compliance with debt covenants. Treasury also plays a lead strategic role in investment and financing matters.
Key UHN Treasury Indicators
• Total cash flow $4 Billion
• 20+ bank accounts
• 75,000 transactions annually
• $322 M investment portfolio (March 31, 2018)
• $3 B insured property value
• Management of daily cash and working capital requirements to support hospital operations
• Forecast short term and long term bank cash flow to optimize liquidity while maximizing the return on excess cash
• Assumes the lead role or participate on special projects requiring working capital, financing or investment, including, but not limited to:
• Development of pro-forma financial statements and cash flows
• Evaluation of impact on working capital, cash and debt covenants
• Work with stakeholders and advisors to assess strategic, market, and financial risks
• Evaluation of financial market or feasibility studies
• Preparation of financial analysis to evaluate the financial risks and options
• Preparation of formal written and oral presentations to internal and external decision makers
• Management of the UHN investment portfolio ensuring compliance with investment policy, including ongoing monitoring and approval of investment manager activities and annual review of investment policy
• Report to management on the activities of the Investment Managers, including the compliance with their mandates, the investment performance of assets managed by each Investment Manager and the performance of the Fund as a whole
• Administer debt covenants compliance, coordinate annual bond rating review and lead debt planning for new initiatives
• Conduct annual various insurance renewals; work with insurance adjusters on property related insurance claims
• Stewardship over Treasury operating expenditures of $12.6 M and revenue of $3.8 M
• Report monthly Treasury Scorecard capturing bank cash balances, anti-fraudulent activities, compliance reporting, investment summary, insurance claims
• Direct reports include: Senior Business Analyst (MBA, CPA,) Financial Analyst III (MBA CPA (finalist); and Financial Analyst II (CPA)
• A university degree in business (or related discipline) from a recognized and accredited educational institution
• Recognized professional designations; CPA and CTP required or equivalent; CRM desirable
• A minimum of eight years relevant Treasury experience in a large complex organization
• Strong business acumen with solid experience in business management, operations, financial planning, performance measurement and budgeting functions
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial issues to a broad and diverse audience
• Ability to work and thrive in a changing environment while experiencing financial constraints
• Capacity to build partnerships, work collaboratively and effectively communicate to diverse groups both within and external to UHN
• High emotional intelligence and ability to influence business partners
• Wall Street Systems Treasura and SAP (highly desirable), Microsoft Office (advanced)
• Recognized as ethical and independent, demonstrating high standards of professionalism and respect for confidentiality
• Demonstrated excellent performance and attendance history
• A strong service orientation with a passion to advance the mission of UHN
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.