McCain Foods (Canada)
McCain It’s All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients – and the result is food that makes people feel good. But McCain It’s all good ™ is not just about the food we make, it’s about how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of our business. From farmer and customer relationships to sustainable agricultural processes – we strive to make every element of our business good. The McCain It’s all good ™ philosophy underpins everything we do.
McCain Foods is a world-leading food company and one of the largest manufacturers of frozen potato specialties. We also produce other foods including pizza, appetizers, vegetables, oven meals and desserts and our products can be found in restaurants and supermarket freezers in more than 160 countries around the globe. A privately owned company headquartered in Canada, we generate annual sales of CDN $9.1 billion, employ 20,000 people globally and operate 53 production facilities on six continents. We also own The Day & Ross Transportation Group – based in Hartland, New Brunswick – one of the largest transportation companies in Canada.
McCain Foods (Canada) is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join the Prepared Foods Team, at our Florenceville, N.B. location. The position reports to the Shift Manager and has direct leadership of all production functions within our facility which could include Pizza Pocket Production Line, Dessert Production Line and Sanitation. As Production Supervisor you will lead all aspects of a production shift by providing leadership and direction to the Production team, as well as driving safety, engagement and results within our plant.
As the ideal incumbent, you will:
· Foster a safe work environment, and promote continuous effort to improve the effectiveness of the plant safety improvement process through continuous and relentless pursuit of world-class safety performance;
· Promote a culture of performance and accountability through engagement to enhance and develop talent capability.
· Lead the development and the achievement of the plant objectives across Safety Quality, Cost, Delivery, People and Environment (SQCDPE) operational framework.
· Leverage the McCain continuous improvement and Managing Daily Improvement (MDI) programs to instill lean manufacturing practices, tools and discipline to ensure plant competitiveness and sustainability.
· Make customers and consumers smile by assuring adherence to all company and external quality assurance and sanitation guidelines through strict compliance of regulatory programs.
· Plan, implement and monitor production operations to meet scheduled production volume requirements. Execute Production department activities to achieve the overall plant production schedule.
· Continually strive to foster a team environment that provides open and honest communication across all levels.
· Foster and promote partnership with key internal/external stakeholders including suppliers, customers, Government regulatory agencies and the community.
·This position is a shift work position that follows a rotating shift schedule.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role within plant operations, preferably in a continuous Process Food Industry; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for the right candidates.
· A Bachelor’s Degree, with focus on food science, business, agriculture, or engineering is an asset.
· A firm understanding of food safety and regulatory compliance in the food industry.
· The ability and interest to take on progressively more responsible roles within the organization.
· Experience in a lean manufacturing environment, with knowledge of lean tools and theories and their day-to-day application.
· Strong communications skills, ability to work in a team environment in a leading and participating role. Ability to create, embrace and most importantly, lead change.
Drives Engagement: creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer – centric solutions.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
McCain Foods is an EEO Employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.