Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. It services millions of customers in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Each day, millions of developers execute billions of transactions worldwide on the AWS Cloud.
Amazon GuardDuty is a new product that performs security monitoring on customer accounts along with the applications and services that run within them. We are part of External Security Services, a section of the AWS Security organization that codifies years of research and expertise into customer facing services that help protect our customers. The team is composed of security engineers, data science experts and software engineers who work together to deliver innovative new services for our customers.
We are seeking a seasoned Software Development Manager to lead our analytics team as we continue to expand. We are looking for a leader with a track record of building strong development teams who is capable of getting down into the technical details of the product. In this role, you’ll manage an agile team of talented software engineers that are responsible for building and operating one of the newest AWS services. You’ll have ownership of the design, implementation, testing, and operations of the service. This role is with a team that is building massively scaled systems – trillions of events and petabytes of data – and we are looking for someone with deep experience with distributed systems that run at arbitrary scale.
· Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience managing an Agile team of software developers – planning sprints, managing burn-down, removing roadblocks and increasing velocity
· 5+ years’ experience designing and coding in Java, C++, or Python
· 5+ years’ experience leading the delivery of complex, large-scale distributed systems
· 3+ years’ delivering commercially sold products or services at scale
· 5+ years’ experience in agile development
· MS in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
· 5+ years’ delivering commercially sold products or services at scale
· Strong experience with systems design and object oriented design
· Expert level experience with algorithms and data structures
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment – previous startup experience a plus
· Experience developing security technologies utilizing machine learning
· Experience building an ultra-fast exploratory data analytics platform for very large datasets
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to estimate software tasks and compensate for high error bars in SDE estimation
· Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts
· An inspirational technical leader with a high emotional intelligence who sets high and exacting standards and demands the best work of their team
· Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
· Experience with developing applications with AWS, AWS Certifications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with Senior Stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to influence strategic direction of a product (3-5 year vision)
· Demonstrated ability to scale through delegation
· Demonstrated ability to attract and retain top talent, including senior talent
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Web Services Canada, Inc.
Position CategorySoftware Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)Canada