Our client is a division of one of the worlds largest mobile commerce platforms which produces more than 30 million transactions each month, the majority of these transactions occurring on mobile apps!! They started out by offering mobile recharge and utility bill payments, and today they offer a marketplace to consumers on their mobile apps.
Their scale offers a very unique set of challenges and they are innovation around data/capabilities essential to scale even higher. They work with much longer horizons and accept trial and failure as part of building the right solution. They are about solving problems that have little or no precedent. These challenges require lots creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how software works.
Are you an Engineer that actually wants your systems to work? Does endless tech toil vex you? Are you the type that would rather fix it once than repair it 100 times?
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers who enjoy designing and developing systems where they can balance Reliability and Frequent Improvements. Our Platform team builds our critical architecture and data platform.
What you’ll do:What You’ll Do:
• Work on building and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring and managing our systems.
• Share knowledge and experience with other Engineers and develop a set of best practices.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
• Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance.
• Sense of ownership and willingness to get the job completed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity and diplomacy.
• Show strong initiative and self-motivation.
• Plan for situations instead of reacting to them – proactive.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
Must Have Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Strong programming skills.
• Experience with at least one large scale web application.
• Working knowledge of modern software deployment processes, including CI.
• Working experience with either Terraform or CloudFormation templating.
• Working knowledge of containerization solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS.
• Experience with Linux systems, AWS, or Hadoop administration considered an asset.
Dress Code: Casual