Our client is one of New York’s fastest growing startups, they are seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Software Engineer to join their small entrepreneurial team.
Our client operates a service-oriented architecture written mostly in Java and deployed on Amazon Web Services. The platform supports a wedding registry e-commerce business supporting hundreds of vendors as well as a wedding planning platform providing tools and guidance to thousands of couples. You will be part of a team responsible for the design, evolution, and maintenance of this platform as well as new products.
You will:- Work with the product and engineering teams to design, develop, and maintain production-ready systems and services in the Montreal Office
– Proactively identify site scaling issues and help redesign systems to address them
– Continually improve our internal infrastructure, tools, and services.
– Provide technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and collaborative problem-solving sessions.
Must Have Skills:
– Minimum of 4+ years of backend/platform experience
– Excellent programming skills with at least one language such as Java or Scala
– Experience with a relational data store such as PostgreSQL and ideally one or more NoSQL data stores (e.g. Redis, MongoDB).
– Experience with distributed systems and web services
– Experience with cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS
– Familiarity with Linux-based systems
Nice to Have Skills:
– Interested in following, learning, and leveraging AWS services where applicable.
– Experience in e-commerce, with knowledge of distribution and fulfillment a plus