Job Title :
Senior R&D Food Technologist
Start Date :
Leading food manufacturing company is hiring for Senior R&D Food Technologists.
Working Location: Etobicoke, ON.
The Senior R&D Food Technologist functions as an integral member of the Product Development Team, a team focused on leading and delivering high quality sauces, mayonnaise, emulsion type products and innovations.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
· Member of a customer team responsible for the introduction of innovations and commercialization of existing products building the portfolio withinthe company
· Assume technical lead and provide expertise for a member of R&D department to assist in the deliverables to a specific customer
· Develop high quality products from ideation to plant commercialization for custom products
· Prepare samples for customer presentations and participate in product cuttings providing support to Sales lead or leading presentations
· Lead plant trials, develop manufacturing procedures, monitor initial production and finalize product implementation to Operations Team.
· Manage and document product development projects through formulation development, bench top testing, sensory evaluation, raw material sourcing and analytical testing.
· Working knowledge in Canadian Food legislation requirements, and in nutritional guidelines and ingredient labeling
· 5+ years of experience in a similar role
· Post Secondary education in Food Science or a related field (BSc or equivalent)
· Experience managing / supervising staff
· Experience in a Food Manufacturing or related Food Industry environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your updated resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of ‘Senior R&D Food Technologist’