823767 – REPOST – Please do not apply if you have already applied.
Senior Finance Business Analyst
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Infrastructure Finance
Reports to: Finance Manager
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk
Status: PFT (Permanent Full-Time)
As a member of the Finance team supporting the Facilities Management – Planning, Redevelopment & Operations (FM-PRO) directorate, the
Senior Finance Business Analyst
responsibilities include: working with senior FM-PRO management in the evaluation of assigned Business cases, investment proposals, preparing month close journal entries related to the operations of the directorate, assisting with the preparation of the annual operating budget and quarterly operating forecasts for the directorate; preparing monthly variance analysis reports for senior management to facilitate the decision making; providing assistance to Managers in controlling their operating budgets, performing other responsibilities to support the directorate; performing cross-functional duties and other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• Professional designation of Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
• Masters of Business Administration would be an asset
• Experience in an accounting or auditing environment with exposure to financial modeling
• Experience with information technology control processes and systems
• Experience with activity, workflow and organizational analysis for business/process re-engineering or efficiency improvements
• Extensive knowledge of Access and Excel
• Experience in a healthcare environment preferred
• Experience in a commercial industry preferred
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and embrace challenges
• Computer literacy, required preferably in a Microsoft office environment, with an aptitude for learning new computer applications quickly
• Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive financial data and information
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: August 23, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Posted Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.