CRD&A: Reserving and Reinsurance
# of positions:
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst on the Reserving and Reinsurance (R&R) team, you will be part of the Corporate Risk and Data Analytics (CRD&A) Team at Allstate Canada Group (ACG). In R&R, we focus on the reserve analysis process and accurate posting of reserves while working closely with other areas such as Claims and Finance in order to make sure we are making the right decisions for the company and taking full advantage of each area’s expertise. You will also work on the maintenance and review of the current economic capital model. The R&R team is part of the Actuarial program at Allstate and comes with the opportunity to rotate within the other actuarial roles during your career (Pricing and Risk Analytics). You will report to the Reserving and Reinsurance Director.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, your strength will be the analytics knowledge you bring to the table to ensure efficient and effective review of the current economic capital model as well as developing or improving existing tools and standards implemented in order to enhance performance. We are looking for a confident individual with strong analytical abilities, prioritization and time management and communication skills. An ambitious individual who is eager to influence and drive the results for the organization would be a great fit for this role.
Specifically, you will be responsible to:
• Perform efficient and effective maintenance and review of the current economic capital model, ensuring that the methodology and assumptions used are valid
• Preparation of data to support the annual selection of holding capital
• Identify opportunities that exist to expand the usage of the capital model such as return on risk adjusted return analysis on a various market segments
• Participate in efficient and effective completion of reserving review activities within prescribed limits to ensure Claim reserves meet corporate objectives
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years insurance experience in an analytical position
• Undergraduate degree from a college or university institute – Actuarial, statistical, or mathematical degree/diploma
Working knowledge of Igloo (Preferred)
• Fundamental understanding of capital modeling including the theory behind the underlying assumptions
• Strong communication skills and comfortable presenting recommendations to various audiences
• Sound business acumen and comfortable using judgment to make assumptions in the absence of black and white data
• Able to build relationships so you can understand the needs of your market and influence the adoption of your recommendations to address these needs
• Prioritization skills, ability to juggle multiple projects on the go and differentiate between large and small impact initiatives
• In the process of or completed writing Actuarial Exams
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!