# of positions:
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, servicing Canadians since 1953.
Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way and The Canadian Museum of Nature.
Our employees are committed to helping others, like to make things happen and love learning and growing.
Allstate Canada is proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s list of best employers for the past six years.
To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Recruitment Consultant is responsible for sourcing, interviewing and recommending the most qualified candidates for positions at Allstate Canada.
This is a 24 month contract position.
As a Recruitment Consultant, you will be accountable to:
• Lead the full-cycle recruitment process
• Consult with managers to understand their recruitment needs
• Develop a creative and proactive recruitment strategy to identify both passive and active candidates
• Source and attract candidates through various channels and build a pipeline of candidates for critical, hard-to-fill roles
• Oversee the entire selection process including identifying and assessing candidates, conducting initial phone screens, conducting interviews, analyzing assessment results, soliciting feedback from clients & candidates and preparing & presenting offers of employment
• Deliver an exceptional candidate experience, building strong relationships to convert candidates into successful hires
• Provide coaching and support to managers through the recruitment process
• Maintain strong client and candidate relationships
• Update and maintain Allstate’s Applicant Tracking System
• Ensure compliance with appropriate legislation as well as Allstate’s policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources or a relevant field
• 3 – 5 years of progressive recruitment experience
• Previous experience working in a corporate Human Resources department is an asset
• Proven ability to innovatively source candidates for complex roles
• Demonstrated behavioural interviewing techniques
• Ability to understand the business and work as a business partner to our internal clients
• Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong consulting and influencing abilities
• Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities
• Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations.
If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.