Job Title :
Recruiting Specialist / Talent Acquisition
Start Date :
We are actively seeking experienced recruiters to join a team of professionals working in a fast paced team environment, supporting the acquisition process of major clients in operations.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
Are you the right person for the role?
· Have a track record of building a network with established and rising talent
· Comfortable working in an open team environment to collaborate, develop, implement and execute hiring strategies
· You are communicative, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh
· Ready to act as an internally and externally-facing representative of our talent acquisition team
· Handles recruitment mandates with the ‘big picture’ in mind, not just individual transactions
· Willing to work overtime as well as weekend when needed
A Day in the Life of a Talent Acquisition Specialist:
· Act as Talent Acquisition advisor to business leaders while delivering effective and innovative talent acquisition strategies (including cold calling, direct sourcing, targeted advertising, universities and professional associations, employee referrals, social media channels and niche job boards), to attract and hire top talent.
· Effectively manage full cycle recruitment process for client’s requirements including creating job descriptions, direct hire recruitment/headhunting, interviewing and screening candidates
· Develop proactive recruitment/sourcing strategies to develop high quality active and passive candidate pipelines.
· Conducts thorough market research, company profiling, mapping and identifying candidates for both candidate pipelines and critical roles at mid to senior levels.
· Maintains a talent community and stays in active contact with pipelined candidates and collaboration partners
· Support Business Leaders and HR Business Partners in all areas of the talent acquisition process: intake meetings, preparation of postings, sourcing/screening/interviewing and reference checks.
· Work in a fun and collaborative team and support strategic HR and Talent Acquisition projects
Ideally You Will Have:
· Minimum one year of progressive end-to-end talent acquisition experience with a strong focus on hiring for direct hire roles. Experience hiring across Canada & the United States will be a strong asset and is preferred.
· Post-secondary education and working towards your CHRP designation will be both an advantage and benefit.
· Exceptional commitment to customer service with demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues at various levels of an organization.
· Solid understanding of the national recruitment landscape and particular regional differences of attracting top talent.
· Sound communication, influencing, innovation, project management and collaboration skills.
· Strong initiative and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities on the fly in a large, fast-paced and changing environment.
· Strong sourcing skills and ability to do cold calling, head hunting and talent mapping is a must
· Prior experience working with an Applicant Tracking System
· Proficiency with PC applications and recruitment marketing tools, including social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
· Familiarity with using talent acquisition metrics to measure and report progress to client group(s).
· Ability to be strategic and tactical in rolling out practical talent acquisition programs and initiatives that are aligned with overall organizational goals.
Current Working Locations: North York or Mississauga
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title ‘Recruiting Specialist’
Great Connections (www.gc-employment.com) is a leading Ontario-based full cycle employment services agency, providing premium human resource solutions to clients, large and small in a multitude of industries. As a result, we are a preferred staffing partner for Fortune 500 and other industry leading companies, as well as enterprising local firms. We provide a competitive advantage by connecting great companies with great people