Our client develops, among other things, a SaaS product which leads the market for full-service payments solutions. The company is consistently recognized by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing technology companies within North America and they are gearing up for their biggest year yet. This client provides an exciting, challenging, and stable workplace. They are looking for people who share their passion for outstanding performance, and who want to be part of a close-knit, energetic team.
The Product Engineer role functions as part of the Product Operations team helping to deliver best-in-class customer success. This role will interface directly with our billers, providing technical support through superior troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Acting as an extension of our biller’ technology team, you will make recommendations on best practices and facilitate training sessions to educate and knowledge share as required.
• Act as a trusted advisor to our customers in various engagements ranging from technical product support to analysis of business constraints
• Serve as a subject matter expert for broad and complex technical issues, providing first call resolution through phone and email support channels.
• Promote self-serve capability through automation and development of new tools enabling customers to service their needs more rapidly.
• Create tools internally to eliminate repetitive tasks
• Provide product training sessions to our customer by educating them on best practice usage of the platform
• Create technical documentation and solutions to improve Mean Time To Resolution(MTTR)
• Proactively monitor customer heat levels to mitigate any near or long term risk, reducing probability of churn.
• Keep the customer apprised of new functionality in upcoming product releases and partner with the account team to ensure successful adoption of upcoming enhancements.
• Identify process gaps and create service improvement plans to address with measurable goals
• Responsible for overall customer satisfaction measured through survey tracking and feedback
• Participate in an on-call rotation providing after-hours technical support
Must Have Skills:
• Experience working with Web Service applications is mandatory
• Experience in UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
• Experience in scripting with Bash/Perl
• Configuration management experience using tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• Experience working with Apache/Tomcat
• Experience with Database administration (Oracle DB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL)
• Experience managing and administering PBX phone systems such as Asterisk
• Object Oriented programming in Java is considered a nice to have
• Experience providing technical support over the phone and email to enterprise customers mandatory
WHO YOU ARE?
• You have the ability to work in a fast paced environment adapting to changing priorities
• You are focused and detail oriented but know when to seek help from others
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
• You possess superior troubleshooting and analytical skills to determine the root cause of issues
• You strive to identify areas of improvement and work proactively to prevent issues from occurring
• You are a self-starter with an appreciation for tackling technical challenges of varying complexity
• You are diligent when making decisions and can easily justify your actions.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Previous or current experience as a web developer
• Experience in the fin-tech industry
• Experience in various stages of software development (coding, testing, support, etc.,)