JOB POSTING # 832032
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre with possibility of cross coverage at Toronto General Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy and Toronto Western Hospital Shoppers Drugmart
Department: Outpatient Pharmacy
Reports to: Manager
Status: Temporary Full Time
University Health Network (UHN)
is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of
in our Outpatient Pharmacy Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where
above all else the needs of patients come first , encompasses
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN . The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning , the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As an integral member of the Pharmacy team, the principal responsibilities of the Pharmacist include: review and dispense all doctors medication orders for appropriateness; identify, resolve and prevent drug related problems; monitor drug therapy for effectiveness, toxicity and adherence to evidence based medicine/guidelines; conduct medication reconciliation; follow up on medication incidents and promote safe medication practices on the unit; respond to drug information questions; provide direct and/or functional supervision of technician staff.
• Completion of university degree (Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy), or equivalent required.
• Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada required.
• Active registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A) required.
• Certificate of competency from an accredited smoking cessation program and flu vaccination injection program required
• Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy practice experience preferred.
• Hospital pharmacy residency an asset.
• Experiences in handling blister pack an asset
• Familiarity with common drug regimens and typical prescriptions used in the transplant population, as well familiarity with dispensing processes for out of province patients
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
• Working knowledge of adherence programs including but not limited to compliance packaging, refill synchronization, and refill management
• Manual billings, out of province billings and specialty meds related billings.
• Experience/working knowledge of Kroll paperless workflow module and Points of Sales System.
• Experience handling pharmacy inventory
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
October 11, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.