Our client is an R&D and Innovation Lab located in downtown Toronto, that are responsible for transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speeds. Their goal is to make eCommerce more accessible and convenient, and in 2017, they launched their first foray app into Canada/North America, which helps users organize and pay bills in one simple location. Not only does the app send you reminders so that you never miss a payment, but it also gives you 3% cash back on popular retail brand gift cards! They support their parent company, a mobile payments and financial services company that currently serves 350 million active customers!!
Working on a small diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer, they leverage their expertise in technology to build a lasting, secure, and efficient solution. Their creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for their consumers and users. They encourage their employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigour.
Operations is at the heart of a well-run payments company and is what makes for a great user experience. As an Operations Manager, you will own the entire process from the time the user makes a payment through to settlement of funds along with fraud and privacy management. The team obsesses over every dollar of money movement and how that impacts customers and our business. The role of an Operations Manager is therefore a lifestyle not a job! If you’re passionate about payments and business operations and want to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a lot of responsibility and opportunity for growth, then there is no better place than here!
Responsibilities:• Manage business operations end to end including but not limited to our bill payment and rewards offering
• Create and monitor dashboards to improve decision makingAnalyze and help implement fraud and risk management rules and policies
• Work directly with product team and engineers to 1) continuously improve operations and automate processes 2) launch new features/servicesWork directly with vendors/partners – banks, payment processors, biller aggregators, and risk and fraud management partners amongst others
• Work directly with the accounting team for money management and reconciliation
• Work directly with the customer care team to address any operational issues impacting customers
• Perform other business operations, risk and fraud management tasks as necessary
Must Have Skills:
• 2-4 years of operations experience in a financial services / payments company
• Experience in working with engineers and product teams
• Detail oriented and diligent
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude
• Tableau and SQL skills a big plus (else will need to learn)
• MBA is a plus
Dress Code: Casual