FPC Group Office
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
Responsible for the design and development of powertrain components, assemblies, integrated modules and jig/fixtures as directed by the eWP Leader. This will include various BLDC Actuator components including PCB, magnets, winding patterns, stators, rotors, flux rings, solenoids, housings, bearings etc. This requires a basic knowledge of various BLDC technologies such as uni, bi, 3-phase motors, induction motors, Switch Reluctance, solenoids, etc.
1. Application development of new and existing BLDC based products, such as electric water pumps
2. Cascade of specifications from system to components. Derive BLDC product requirements from specifications
3. Definition, execution and documentation of detail design, analysis, computer modelling and specification releases
4. Conduct and apply automotive processes, best practices and alternative approaches to optimal electrical drives, hardware and software
5. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (ie. TS 16949 or latest)
6. Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
7. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Skills and Competencies
1. Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering with specialty in Mechatronics
2. Ideally 1-3 years of applicable work experience (including co-operative experience)
3. Experience in automotive powertrain development processes preferred.
4. Strong organizational and communication skills to effectively work within Departments.
5. High level of analytical ability, understand engineering theory and principles of design
6. Working knowledge in computer based software, strong organizational/communication skills, ability to work with others in a team environment.
7. System function testing and failure root cause analysis of mechatronic products an asset
Office and electrical laboratory environment; Some travel as required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to from time to time machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.