Job Title :
Line Technician (Maintenance) – $22.84/hour – Markham
Start Date :
World leading cosmetics company is looking for Line Technicians (Maintenance).
401 and 407, Markham
Afternoon and Night shifts available
Night : $22.84/hour
1-3 years related experience
Knowledge of how to use machine tools and hand tools safely and correctly
Understanding of basic mechanical principles
Ability to apply knowledge of packaging/production equipment to maintain efficient performance
English language proficiency
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to resolve issues in a tactful and diplomatic manner, communicate expectations and outline maintenance requirements
Minimum high school education. Post-secondary education and/or trade school training an asset
1. Equipment Set-up and Operability
· Perform basic set-ups/changeovers for packaging and process/compounding equipment within focused work centers or lines.
· Cleaning and sanitizing equipment as required.
· Maintain packaging equipment during production runs; clear jams, change labels, change over-wrap, reset coders/code blocks, initiate troubleshooting/corrective action investigation and quality checks.
· Perform basic operator responsibilities as required.
· Move components and mass from the staging area to Production floor as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned and required.
2. Machinery / Repair / Equipment Maintenance
· Troubleshooting and repair of equipment including (but not limited to) pneumatic, hydraulic, and drive systems (i.e. motors, gearboxes, pulleys, bearings, etc.)
· General troubleshooting of PLC/HMI’s, photo sensors, vision systems, thermal and inkjet printers, utilities, etc.
· Interface with all packaging, process/compounding, and support equipment within the site
· Address major equipment failure modes.
· Perform required PM’s and breakdown analysis
3. Continuous Improvement
· Actively participate and support facility and corporate Lean Manufacturing initiatives
· Review new equipment purchase specifications; provide feedback on equipment design and operability; support capital project installations (F.A.T, etc.)
· Conceptualize and implement design upgrades to outmoded devices and systems in an effort to increase production uptime and operational efficiencies
· Develop and improve preventative maintenance work orders to reduce failure modes
4. Health and Safety
· Proactively identify and resolve safety concerns
· Observe and conform to all corporate EH&S guidelines and procedures
· Adhere to established Lockout/Tag out Programs
· Actively participate and evaluate PSR’s
· Participate in the establishment of annual EH&S objectives
· Maintain clean work environment on the production floor and within the maintenance shop.
· Conform to all ergonomic assessment requirements
· Actively participate and support the Canadian Operations 5S Program
How to apply:
1. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Or come to our office directly at 5050 Dufferin St., Unit 109, North York, M3H 5T5 with Gov ID, SIN Card and Direct deposit form.