Licensed Practical Nurse
Selkirk Place (SK)
Clinical Support [Registered Nurses][Licensed Practical Nurses][Registered Care Aides][Recreational Therapists]
Full Time Regular
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, provides care to residents requiring nursing assessment, nursing care planning, nursing interventions and evaluation of the outcomes expected. Provides direct practical nursing and personal care to residents. Maintains related records. Provides work direction and orientation to care aides and students by assigning tasks and demonstrating work routines.
Includes but not limited to;
1. Provides direct practical nursing care to residents in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, and programs, as well as provision CLPN Standards for Practice. Performs procedures including, administration of subcutaneous, and intramuscular injections including Insulin. Administers suppositories and enemas, collects specimens, and records observations. Applies and changes dressings following would care plan.
2. Collaborated with nursing colleagues to plan, implement and evaluate care given to residents.
3. Administers medications in accordance with established policies and procedures.
4. Communicates with other staff to ensure continuity of care from shift to shift.
5. Ensures residents receive adequate nutrition according to individual care plans, by observing, feeding and noting changes in appetite and food preference.
6. Participates in unit and staff meetings, medication reviews, family meetings and care conferences, to communicate resident assessments and needs and stratus to the Care Manager and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
7. Perform admissions, discharge and transfers of residents according to facility operating policies and procedures.
8. Maintains records by documenting symptoms and conditions of residents, nursing interventions and other activities. Reports changes in resident’s condition to supervisor and/or physician.
9. Provides guidance and instruction to students, including assisting and advising students and answering students’ questions.
10. Monitors safety in the residents living environment and staff working environment.
11. Reports risks, hazards, near misses, unsafe situations, incidents and accidents to Supervisor/Manager/Designate.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned
1. Graduation from a recognized program of Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical al Nurses of BC. (CLPNBC)
2. Valid First Aid Certificate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to be sensitive to client needs and provide accurate and detailed information.
2. Be positive and supportive.
3. Compliance with all Acts, Regulations, Policies, Protocols relevant to the position.
4. Identify and report safety concerns.
5. Explain requirements in a constructive and helpful manner.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
7. Ability to deal with others effectively.
8. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
9. Ability to organize work.
10. Ability to operate related equipment.