Job Title :
Start Date :
Our client, a manufacturer of cosmetics, pharmaceutical, & cleaning products in North America, is looking for a law clerk to join their legal team at the corporate office in Concord.
They are looking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to assist the legal team with a broad range of legal and administrative management and support work. The Legal Assistant will be an integral part of the legal team, working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy. The Legal Assistant will also be involved in implementing internal policies and process improvements.
Permanent Full-time Role
Salary Range: Up to $65K + Benefits
Location: Concord, ON
– Provide general administrative support, including calendar scheduling, coordinating meetings, arranging conference calls and work-related travel arrangements.
– Prepare and edit legal documents and correspondence, and run comparisons to previous versions of circulated documents.
– Act as first point of contact, review, respond to and direct incoming inquiries to the legal team from the business, external counsel and auditors. Maintain records shared by the legal team and permit access to the business and others as needed.
– Organize and expedite the flow of work for the legal team, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate.
– Organize legal training and materials.
– Identify and recommend methods to improve administrative systems and business functions to maximize office efficiency and effectiveness.
– File maintenance and database management.
– Assist with litigation management, processing of legal invoices and expense reports.
– Assist with other projects as needed.
– 5 to 10 years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department.
– Experience in preparing and editing legal documents and correspondence.
– Self-starter possesses the ability to plan, organize and prioritize job tasks in order to meet tight deadlines and willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
– Heightened attention to detail and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other company personnel.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, Visio, IP portfolio management and corporate secretarial database software.
How to apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Legal Assistant’