Kamloops Seniors Village (KSV)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Under the direction of the Support Services Manager and/or designate, Laundry aide performs routine and special duties involved in providing laundry services to the residents and tenants of the facility.
Duties are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Include but not limited to;
1. Processes linens, drapes, personal resident clothing that will include collection and redistribution to appropriate locations.
2. Stock cupboards with clean linens as per quotas.
3. Washes, dries, sorts, folds, hang items.
4. Uses labeling equipment to label resident clothing.
5. Operates and maintains equipment including washers, dryers and transport carts.
6. Reports maintenance concerns.
7. Recommends ordering of chemicals and facility linens.
8. Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. WHMIS Certificate required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform tasks related to the position.
2. Must be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents and equipment.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
4. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
5. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in provide quality services to clients
6. Ability to operate related equipment