Our client is an R&D and Innovation lab located in downtown Toronto, that are responsible for transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speeds. Their goal is to make commerce more accessible and convenient, and in 2017, they launched their first foray app into Canada/North America, which helps users organize and pay bills in one simple location. Not only does the app send you reminders so that you never miss a payment, but it also gives you 3% cash back on popular retail brand gift cards! They support their parent company, a mobile payments and financial services company that currently serves 300 million customers!!
Working on a small diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer, they leverage their expertise in technology to build a lasting, secure, and efficient solution. Their creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for their consumers and users. They encourage their employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigour.
We take the security of our customer seriously. The Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our networks remain secure by conducting investigations, incident handling, and working with the security team to remediate and escalate security incidents.
Responsibilities:• Monitor environments for security events and alerts to threats, intrusions, and/or compromises.
• Escalate cyber security events according to operation process and procedures.
• Act as a participant during Cyber Hunt activities at the direction of Incident Manager.
• Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
• Conduct events analysis and documentation.
• Produce comprehensive reports of incident investigations.
• Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape.
• Proactively provide feedback on SOC operational processes and procedures.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Must Have Skills:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Sysadmin network skills required.
• Must have a passion for Cyber Security.
• Basic programming skills in various disciplines including scripting languages.
• Fluent with DNS query tools such as dig and nslookup.
• Basic understanding of topics such as sender policy framework and NOTIFY.
• Knowledge of payments and banking systems/companies is a plus.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Some IT/Security professional experience is preferred.
Dress Code: Casual