Accounting and Finance
Internal Controls – SOX
Roneta is a premier Calgary-based, Canadian-owned specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals.
Opportunities we have had include CFO, Controller, HR Director, Tax Manager, Internal Auditor, Senior Accountant and Financial Analyst.
Our opportunities include permanent and both short and long term contract.
Our Calgary-based client is an industry leader in logistics, transportation and supply chain. Revenue and profit are up, their stock has risen 30% in the last 12 months, and you will enjoy a culture of process improvement and career development.
Short and long term incentives, free parking.
This is available due to team growth.
Reporting to the Manager Internal Control, the Specialist Internal Control will contribute to the achievement of financial and operational goals through effective risk management by assisting in the development and sustainment of internal control policies, procedures and processes.
– Assist the Manager Internal Control with the overall management of the SOX 404/302 program;
– Manage quarterly certification of controls process by business process owners and VPs;
– Plan and review internal controls testing to ensure completion of annual SOX and management control programs in an efficient and effective manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements;
– Work closely with external auditors, internal audit and business process owners to coordinate efficient and effective execution of testing plan including scheduling of testing and remediation of control deficiencies;
– Lead reporting to senior management of control deficiencies and status of remediation;
– Work with business process owners
– Take every opportunity to improve internal controls framework;
– Assist management in the maintenance of the risk and control library in the corporate Governance Reporting and Compliance software including the sustainment of all internal control documentation;
– Monitor processes and the regulatory environment (PCAOB, SEC, COSO, etc.) for changes that could impact the internal control framework.
– Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant fields
– 1-2+ recent years experience of hands-on full cycle SOX compliance work; CSOX experience may be acceptable
– A detailed working knowledge of current PCAOB requirements and COSO framework
– US GAAP, SAP BPC nice to have
Please review our
<FONT color=#800080 size=2