White Rock Seniors Village (WRSV)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Reporting to the Support Services Manager and/or designate, the Housekeeping Aide performs general cleaning duties in the facility, including the cleaning of residents’ / tenants’ rooms/suites, bathrooms, staff rooms, offices, lounges, dining rooms, corridors, and other areas as designated. Responds to resident/tenant and building emergencies as required.
Include but not limited to;
1. Carries out all aspects of routine and rotation cleaning throughout the building and suites which includes: dusting, vacuuming and sweeping; cleaning appliances; washing floors, walls, windows and doors; changing light bulbs; changing and making beds; removing curtains/window coverings for cleaning and re-hanging; garbage removal; terminal cleaning of rooms/suites.
2. Cares for equipment, supplies and work areas and keeps equipment clean and safely stored. Reports defective and damaged equipment and furnishings; keeps work area in an orderly, safe and clean condition; keeps inventory in order on individual carts; replenishes supplies throughout the building; understands the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
3. Ensures that furniture is arranged to provide a safe and efficient environment. Reports significant changes or uncommon resident behaviour or concerns to nursing staff.
4. Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
5. Perform all other duties as required.
1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. WHMIS Certificate required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
2. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
3. Ability to operate related equipment.