The Wellesley of Victoria (WELL)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate, maintains a safe, clean environment in the common area and the suites through general housekeeping duties. Responds to resident and building emergencies if required.
Include but not limited to:
1. Carries out all aspects of routine and rotation cleaning throughout the building and suites which includes but is not limited to the following,: cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, dusting, vacuuming and sweeping; cleaning appliances; washing floors, walls, interior windows and doors; changing bed & bath linen and remaking beds; removing curtains/window coverings for cleaning and re-hanging; garbage removal; terminal cleaning of rooms/suites.
2. Carries out daily auditing of housekeeping services to ensure quality standards are consistently met.
3. Ensure compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active Cares for equipment, supplies and work areas through the following: keeps equipment clean and safely stored; reports defective and damaged equipment and furnishings; keeps work area in an orderly, safe and clean condition; keeps inventory in order on individual carts; replenishes supplies throughout the building; understands the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Completion of a recognized course in housekeeping or building services or equivalent experience.
3. First Aid certification
4. Knowledge of and experienced in the use and care of cleaning products and equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
2. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
3. Ability to operate related equipment.
4. Must be in good health and be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents, equipment and physically able to perform tasks related to the position.