Millrise Seniors Village / Millrise Place (MLSV)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, and/or designate, the housekeeper is required to do cleaning, custodial and simple maintenance work; to follow daily custodial standards and instructions; and perform related work as required.
Include but not limited to;
1. Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker and other work areas so that health standards are met.
2. Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
3. Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
4. Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
5. Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
6. Keep storage areas and carts well stocked, clean, and tidy.
7. Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
8. Replace light bulbs.
9. Replenish bathroom supplies with soap, paper products and other necessary supplies.
10. Clean and sanitize bathroom fixtures, floors, counters as needed.
11. Empty and clean trash cans.
12. Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
13. Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
14. Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
15. To wash and hang drapes, and dust window blinds.
16. Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
17. Report on safety issues and the need for maintenance repairs.
18. Receive and stock supplies in appropriate areas.
19. Develop and standardize newer and improved methods of cleaning for better results at lower costs.
20. Work cooperatively with all staff members.
21. Perform related work as required.
1. Completion of the 10th school grade. .
2. Experience as may be gained through functioning in a capacity requiring performance of basic cleaning and custodial tasks. Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
3. General knowledge of modern housekeeping equipment, sanitation materials and procedures, modern laundry equipment and procedures;
4. infection control procedures and requirements; sanitary kitchen upkeep and clean procedures; cleaning materials, supplies, and equipment;
5. Washing and wearing quality fabrics; mending techniques;
6. Clerical record keeping methods sufficient to keep inventory of supplies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform tasks related to the position.
2. Must be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents and equipment.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
4. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
5. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in provide quality services to clients