Home Support Worker
Waverly Seniors Village (WAV)
Clinical Support [Registered Nurses][Licensed Practical Nurses][Registered Care Aides][Recreational Therapists]
Reporting to the Clinical Lead (AL), the Home Support Worker performs routine functions involved in the provision of personalized assistance to tenants. Duties are performed in accordance with established regulations for Assisted Living, in a manner which respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, and self-determination of the individual, promotes maximum personal and functional independence and reflects the Personal Service Plan for the tenant.
Include but not limited to;
1. Provides holistic personalized assistance to AL tenants, ensuring that Activities of Daily Living needs are met (e.g. safe mobility, assistance with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, delivery of medications and housekeeping) as reflected in the Personal Service Plan for that tenant.
2. Using established methods of communication, observes and reports to the Designated Care Team Manager any changes in tenants’ functional and cognitive behaviour.
3. Encourages (and assists where appropriate) tenants to participate in social, physical, spiritual and recreational activities.
4. Maintains a clean and safe environment for tenants and staff. Observes safe working practices. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment immediately.
5. Ensures care equipment and supplies are stored safely and efficiently.
6. Ensures tenant rights are maintained and respected at all times.
7. Responds appropriately to tenants unscheduled care requests, including acting as emergency 24hr responder as required. Reports same to Designated Care Team Manager.
8. Performs light housekeeping duties as required.
9. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services.
10. Practices a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that the tenant is a partner in all decision making and understanding that helping to maintain independence for
as long as possible for all tenants is important.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Graduate from a recognized Care Aide Program.
2. A valid BC Care Aide registration number.
3. Previous experience in Home Support preferred.
4. Food Safe Level 1 Certificate.
5. Completion of a recognized Medication Certification Certificate from an accredited college.
6. Valid First Aid Certification.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
3. Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position