White Rock Seniors Village (WRSV)
Facility Management [General Managers][Departmental Managers]
Full Time Regular
Reporting to the Director, the General Manager (GM) is accountable for managing and providing leadership for assigned site-based operations.
The General Manager (GM) is a key leader in the Community and is responsible for all elements of our Community Engagement Strategy and ensuring optimal quality of care and customer service and satisfaction, along with the implementation of all standardized regional and clinical policies and processes.
Through the direct leadership and management of people and resources, the GM oversees the operational and administrative activities of operations and fosters an environment that empowers and supports individuals to provide safe, high quality care.
The GM ensures clinical operations at the site are delivered in an effective and efficient manner through consultative advice on clinical service design, policies and procedures, as well as management and leadership.
The GM will have responsibility for, and oversight of, the site’s operating budget, as well as adherence to Direct Care Hour (DCH) accountability.
The GM will be a consistent and active participant in any site-based marketing initiatives and will be responsible for ensuring occupancy targets are met.
1. Self-Awareness: Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations.
2. Manages Self: Takes responsibility for own performance and decisions
3. Develops Self: Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth.
4. Demonstrates Character: Models qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience and confidence.
1. Fosters the Development of Others: Supports and challenges others to achieve professional and personal goals.
2. Contributes to the Creation of a Healthy Organization: Creates an engaging environment where others have meaningful opportunities and the resources to fulfill their expected responsibilities.
3. Communicates Effectively: Listens well, encourages open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media.
4. Builds Effective Teams: Facilitates an environment of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results.
1. Sets Direction: Inspires vision.
Identifies, establishes and communicates clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
2. Strategically Aligns Decisions with Vision, Values and Evidence: Integrates organizational mission, values and reliable, valid evidence to make decisions.
3. Take Action to Implement Decisions: Acts in a manner consistent with the organizational values to yield effective, efficient public-centered service. Demonstrates business acumen by efficiently and effectively identifying and managing human, capital, financial and information resources.
4. Assesses and Evaluates Results: Measures and evaluates outcomes. Holds self and others accountable for results achieved against benchmarks. Corrects course as appropriate
1. Builds Partnerships and Networks to Great Results: Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups.
2. Demonstrates a Commitment to Customers and Service: Facilitates collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups and perspectives to improve service.
3. Mobilizes Knowledge:
Employs methods to gather intelligence.
Encourages open exchange of information.
Uses quality evidence to influence action across the system.
4. Navigate Socio-Political Environment: Is politically astute. Negotiates through conflict. Mobilizes support.
1. Demonstrates Systems/Critical Thinking: Thinks analytically and conceptually; questions and challenges the status quo to identify issues, solve problems and design and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders.
2. Encourages and Supports Innovation: Creates a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systematic change.
3. Strategically Oriented to the Future: Scans the environment for ideas, best practices and emerging trends that will shape the system.
4. Champions and Orchestrates Change: Actively contributes to change processes that improve health service delivery.
1. Completion of undergraduate degree in health sciences or related field, plus 7 (seven) years’ recent related experience, including two (2) years in leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Ms. Office and email applications
2. Able to plan, organize and direct the operations of the facility
3. Innovative, creative thinker
4. Ability to multi-task
5. Must be able to read, write. and verbally communicate effectively in English
6. Customer service oriented
7. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships
8. Conflict resolution skills
9. Demonstrates empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors