Job ID #:
French Speaking Technical Support Specialist
1 – 3 Years
Premier technical support is a new and exciting Lenovo division. As a premier technical support specialist, you will work with customers in resolving technical issues beyond the standard level one support most provide. This position is a technical role within the Premier Technical Support team based in Morrisville, NC. In this role, you be delivering our best in class support to Lenovo’s customers. As part of your work you will provide support via email and phone while accurately diagnosing reported problems within our client’s product environment (notebooks, desktops, and tablets), dispatching parts and service to customer sites as needed. You will also be handling customer escalations with support from our Level 2 Engineers and Technical Account Managers as needed. The ideal candidate will be highly technical and have an inner drive to learn even more as part of a growing team.
Daily activities include but are not limited to:
• Assist customers and field engineers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical or service related issues
• Troubleshoot to identify hardware and software issues in many different customer environments.
• Advise and educate customers through a combination of experience/documentation to ensure a solution.
• Translate complex technical details/instructions to each customers level
• Provide closed loop feedback on recurring issues with teammates and relevant engineering staff
• Work with Technical Account Managers (TAM) to monitor and track issues to ensure accurate resolution.
• Actively monitor case workload and drive to closure within SLA’s.
• 2+ years of experience in a Client Technical Support role
• 2+ years experience diagnosing and repairing computer hardware
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• Desirable Certifications – MCSE, MCP, CCNA, or TAFE
• Qualification in a relevant field – or Industry Technical Certifications from a Tier 1 IT Vendor
• Knowledge/Experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Products, and Command line troubleshooting
• Knowledge/Experience with Network • • • Hardware/Software setup and troubleshooting, including wireless networks
• Knowledge/Experience working with Workstations and RAID Storage Arrays
• Knowledge/Experience with computer Peripherals and their interfaces
• Knowledge/Experience with PC Products (Desktop, Notebook, and Tablets), experience with Lenovo hardware is a plus
• Proven troubleshooting skills
• Proficient communication skills at all levels – written and verbal
• Superior customer service skills
• Quick Learner with a proven ability to learn new and changing technologies
• Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
• Able to problem solve and think laterally
• Experience within an IT Services environment
• Project Management experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.