Job Posting # 832285
Position: Financial Analyst III
Site: Techna Institute
Hours: 35 Hours per Week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1 year), with chance to transition to Permanent Full-Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Financial Analyst III in our Research Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where above all else the needs of patients come first, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
TECHNA was established in 2011 to advance the innovation in medical technology. TECHNA was formed to build the expertise in areas of medical technology productization and works with academic clinicians, scientists, and industry to deliver translational value.
TECHNA is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join TECHNA operations team. Working under the direction of Finance Business Manager, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for planning, overseeing, and managing the fiscal performance of TECHNA Institute and its peripheral activities, including TECHNA’s three pillars – faculty, infrastructure and facilities, and the Technology Team, as well as programs, projects, grants, funds, and initiatives under the TECHNA umbrella.
• Performs analyses and prepare management reports for a range of complex accounts at the business unit or directorate level
• Performs complex analyses of financial/statistical reports on a regular basis; monitors, analyzes and reconciles variances from approved plan; recommends remedial action to attain budgeted targets.
• Providing work direction and professional and technical training, guidance to junior finance staff and ensuring that assigned work is completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Prepare, present and interpret financial/management reports to project manager, principal investigator, program director.
• Backup for Finance Manager and other finance staff’s duty as needed.
• Responds to inquiries from clients for the clarification or explanation of financial/statistical data, UHN finance policies, processes and procedures and broad-based accounting principles and guidelines
• University degree in Business Administration/Accounting or equivalent program
• 3-5 years related experience in an accounting environment with broad exposure to a range of accounting concepts, principles practices and procedures
• Proficient in Canadian GAAP and IFRS
• Advanced skills in accurately performing detailed numerical computations using large amounts of complex, interrelated financial and/or statistical data
• Advanced working knowledge of computer application accounting systems and software applications preferably in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SAP)
• Advanced skills in analyzing and interpreting complex financial data
• Skill in preparing and present complex, detailed reports
• Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated problem solving skills and critical thinking
• Enjoy working with others in a collaborative environment
• Have a passion for learning and teaching
• Care about quality and craftsmanship of work
• Efficient at managing time and juggling multiple responsibilities
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: October 12, 2018
Closing Date: November 1, 2018
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.