Selkirk Place (SK)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Working under the supervision of the Food Service Manager and working cooperatively with other employees, the food service worker performs a variety of duties in relation to the preparation and distribution of meals. Performs other related duties such as washing dishes and utensils and cleaning kitchen and dining room areas to meet the goals and objectives of the organization within the mission, vision, values and strategic directions of the organization. Performs duties following policies and procedures and ensures safety for residents/patients and staff. Housekeeper participates in continuous quality improvement of the services provided.
Includes but not limited to;
1. Performs all duties in relation to the serving and distribution of food. Ensures that food is served in accordance with the dietary requirements of the residents.
2. Sets up trays for meals served in residents’ rooms.
3. Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining room; puts away and brings out supplies as required.
4. Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
5. Washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit.
6. Strips, racks and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing machine; stacks clean dishes and utensils; sets, clears and cleans dining tables.
7. Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment and spot washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required.
8. Checks and restocks all food service supplies as required, notifies supervisor of any shortages
9. Communicates with supervisor regarding problems/difficulties regarding residents eating; records intake when necessary.
10. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the designated supervisor
11. Monitors safety in the residents living environment and staff working environment
12. Will be assigned to perform duties in other departments such as laundry or housekeeping if required.
13. Reports risks, hazards, near misses, unsafe situations, incidents and accidents to Supervisor/ Manager/ Designate.
14. All assignments required to meet the operational needs of the organization.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Food Safe Certificate
3. WHMIS Certification
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
2. Ability to deal with others effectively
3. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
4. Ability to organize work
5. Ability to operate related equipment.
6. Ability to be sensitive to client needs and provide accurate and detailed information.
7. Be positive and supportive.
8. Compliance with all Acts, Regulations, Policies and Protocols relevant to the position.
9. Identify and report safety concerns.
10. Explain requirements in a constructive and helpful manner