We are seeking DevOps Engineer with an extensive hands-on SaaS production operations background, with a passion for developing and managing scalable systems environments for SaaS based modern technologies including: AWS Cloud, microservices, and server-less architectures.
We are looking for a collaborative team player who will lead, develop, and manage system environments; maintain services in production environments, implement infrastructure-as-a-code and fully automated CI/CD.
• Build and manage system environments with infrastructure-as-code
• Ensure high-availability of prod and non-prod environments
• Maintain SLAs of various services
• Design and implement reliable monitoring and alerting
• Define and implement processes and procedures for ongoing operation of various systems
• Educate developers and other engineers about developing production-ready robust software
• Participate in architectural and design reviews
• Provide expert advice in implementation and operation of Cloud Native applications
• Work closely with Arcitecture, Development, Quality Engineering team to develop cutting edge solutions
• Integrate CI/CD infrastructure with ongoing monitoring and operation of production systems
• Document tools, processes, and procedures for effective collaboration and communication
Keys for this role…
• Input into the product design process – its more than solely coding. We are looking for people that are passionate about delivering exceptional experiences through app development
• This role will lead systems and environment development for new applications based on existing and well-established platforms. There is a large team of industry, product and technical experts in Toronto to help – you will not be alone.
• Developers use a modern development stack including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda & Kinesis and Node.js – we are primarily an open source shop. We run on Atlassian, SLACK, Jenkins, Github Enterprise, Splunk, SolarWinds and other top industry technologies.
• You will be working in a stable business environment with strong organizational and management support, so you can focus on your craft. Mastery, Autonomy and Purpose are core tenants that serve to drive us every day.
• You will be supported by a 24/7/365 NOC and highly-skilled operations team.
• We have a brand new, bright office on King St. West. We have invested heavily in the work environment.
• 12 Minute walk from Union Station – if you are a commuter.
Must Have Skills:
• Strong background in operating public-facing production environments with high-availability requirements
• Extensive experience with AWS
• Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like NewRelic, AppDynamics, Splunk, DataDog, Loggly, PagerDuty, Pingdom
• Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering
• Experience implementing infrastructure-as-code with CloudFormation or TerraForm
• Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
• Experience with containers and schedulers
• Scripting experience with one of the following languages: Shell, Groovy, Ruby, Python, etc.
• Familiarity with CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, AWS Code*, etc.
• Experience with Linux distributions
• Troubleshooting in complex distributed environments
• Experience with microservices architectures
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or above
Nice to Have Skills:
Very Nice to Have…
• Familiarity with SOX controls
• Good understanding of Security-related tools and methods
• Familiarity with AWS Lambda architecture
• Solid source code control management skills, particularly with a distributed SCM like Git
• Experience in setting up tools like JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, GitHub