Our professional services client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join an expanding team and help build smart data applications for a massive Canadian retail client.
Role & Responsibilities
– Write well-structured, beautiful, clean code.
– Design smart ways of storing and displaying complex data.
– Check the quality of your contributions by supporting automated testing
– Help shape strategic analytics roadmaps and architectures.
– Be aware of new technologies and be keen to review and explore them when appropriate.
– Support and train your analyst colleagues to use new modelling and analytical tools.
– Give your opinions, backed by data and investigation, to the design forum.
– Share ideas by encouraging debate
– Extend the web applications to cover more predictive and prescriptive functionality.
– Undertake refactoring models to operate on distributed computing platforms.
– Add new functionality and components to link model outputs.
– Creating connectors to additional external data sources.
Experience & Skills Required
– Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
– Have a deep understanding of platform architecture
– Demonstrable experience writing code.
– Possess excellent knowledge of Unix scripting and one of R, Python, or Java, and Scala is a must.
– Understand cloud computing and its security, automation and manageability
Great communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels in the business.
Technologies you will be expected to use:
– Application architectures; version control.
– Amazon Web Service APIs.
– Apache Spark, mldb.ai, Zeppelin and Apache Hadoop, Hive and HBase.
– AWS EMR, EC2, S3.
– Docker, Docker Compose and Jenkins.
– Pentaho Data Integration and PostgreSQL.
– Bitbucket, Docker Hub and JIRA.
Refer a friend