JOB POSTING #828245
Position: Customer Service Representative – Clinic Team
Department: Altum Health
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Reports to: Site Manager
Status: Permanent Full–Time
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 250 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, 2 Hamilton Sites, Sudbury, Ottawa, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers. UHN Altum Health is the largest provider of WSIB Specialty Programs in the province of Ontario.
At Altum Health, we believe in providing The Right Care. Always. by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in outcomes data collection, analysis and reporting, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE for our Clinic Team at our Toronto site. The Clinic Team is primarily responsible for facilitating a high volume of client visits for Altum Health’s largest site on a daily basis. This role requires a personable, organized, and detail-oriented individual who can demonstrate quality experience and/or skills in a front-facing administrative role within a medical clinic environment. The successful candidate can manage competing priorities and work under pressure in a busy work environment while observing timelines and keeping errors to a minimum wherever possible. As a first-point of contact for clients, it is also necessary that this individual is able to readily assist and professionally speak and empathize with a diverse population of clientele. Information tracking and monitoring as well as following-up with clients is an essential part of the role and is required for the team operation. The role involves understanding and anticipating required steps and procedures as well as problem-solving effectively to resolve situations and challenges, escalating as needed. This role also includes routine and fluid coordination with other Customer Service Representative teams as well as clinicians.
• Completion of High School education required
• Completion of related College diploma and/or certificate preferred
• Demonstrates excellent administrative skills
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
• Great interpersonal skills and flexibility in dealing with diverse audiences
• Excellent data entry skills including proficiency in Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Pays strong attention to detail and produces accurate high quality work
• Can manage multiple competing priorities and work in a stressful deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Can work well individually and as part of a team
• General knowledge of medical terminology preferred
• Experience working with WSIB, Auto and Extended Health claims preferred; experience working in a rehabilitation clinic preferred
POSTED DATE: August 10, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.